Monday, December 13, 2010

Another Snow Day

What a fun day today! Mostly. It was Isaac's 3rd snow day so far this year, and tomorrow will be the 4th. I am feeling more and more like we ought to just go ahead and homeschool. I mean, I'm pretty much there anyway since with his 2 days off for strep and all these snow days, we're more used to hanging out at the house these days.

Today's Highlights:
Being ophiologists (snake scientists) with Isaac this morning. We studied anacondas on the national geographic kids site, which I think actually got a little disturbing for him after we watched the video of people catching them with bare feet and hands.

We colored designs on paper to make gift boxes for the ornaments to give to Mrs. Dowers and Mrs. McIntosh. One of the few bad times of the day came during the attempt at folding, which is difficult for me even.

A quiet snuggly lullaby moment with Cora in which she put the period on the end of my Brahms rendition with a very delicate raspberry into my neck.

Teaching Isaac how to play Jingle Bells on the small set of student bells. Some tension occurred as he (like every dadgummed student I ever have) got antsy about not being able to get the last phrase right, and so instead of working on that phrase alone, thought it best to start over at the beginning.

Feeding Cora. She now gets three portions of solid food a day. Even though she's only eating bananas and winter squash so far, she loves to eat!

My one regret is that I didn't get away from sugar today. The chocolate covered pretzels that one of my MT families gave me are just irresistable...especially since, as they're just pretzels, they're easy to mistake for "healthy," or at least "not that bad." I don't regret that I didn't walk today--it was frigid outside. But between the lack of exercise and the sugar, I'm feeling a bit toxic. There's always tomorrow...

No comments: